Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Drumroll please...

rat-a-tatatatatatatatatat....

Ladies and Gentlemen! Friends and Relatives! Humans and Aliens! May I now unveil the one, the only (well, I'm sure there's more than one, but it's the only one in my house!) The new, the shiny, the...

GE Stainless Steel Gas Stove!

The sous chef didn't want to pose for this pic...

The door opens and closes with out falling off!
All four burners work!
The oven works! (Hey - I've got three racks in there!)
It's GAS!

'Tis true! After 2 months of researching, shopping, ordering, and waiting...the gas stove was installed on Monday. The stove showed up at 9:00a. The electrician at 9:10a. The gas company at 4:00p the afternoon. You might be wondering why I needed an electrician - you see, I had an electric range prior to this and that uses a 220/240 outlet. I needed to convert to a 110 outlet for a gas stove. Much to my delight, this was very easily done as he just hooked into a nearby 110 line and popped a new wire up through the floor.

Whoo hoo! I'm cooking with gas now! (Actually, I'm just thrilled to have four functional burners and a working oven again.) Stay tuned for further recipe reviews.

1 comment:

Popular Posts