Search This Blog

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Bricks, Hudson, WI


Bricks is a Neapolitan Pizza restaurant in the traditional Italian style and has been receiving Cities wide acclaim for their pizzas. I wanted to take the Folks out as a thank you for watching my hounds two weekends in a row while I went and played and we selected Bricks - since none of us had been there yet.

The restaurant is small and simply done. I think there were only about 12 tables total in the whole place. There were only a handful of pictures on the walls, and the tables unadorned. The large glass window on the front of the building allows for a nice view of the street and pedestrians - great for a spring evening. However, the inside was very humid and the bare floors made for a noisy ambiance.

The waiter arrived promptly and we ordered a variety of drinks - the Father had ice tea, the Mother ordered a White Zin from California, and I had a Kristian Regale on ice (sparkling apple beverage). The menus were these long rectangular things that were a bit hard to open since you had to be cognizant of the people sitting on the opposite side of the table. First listed were the antipasto's and the salads. The variety of salads grabbed my fancy and I ordered a "Mista" - spring greens, bacon crumbles, Parmesan, kalmata olives, artichoke hearts and grape tomatoes in a red wine vinaigrette dressing.

The pizza's we ordered were the Siciliana and Pizza di Bricks. The Siciliana was artichoke hearts, prosciuttio, kalmata olives and basil; the Pizza di Bricks was mushrooms, roasted red peppers, Italian sausage, basil, red onion with the addition of pepperoni.

The salad was fantastic. The bacon really added a nice salty background to the vinaigrette and the two slices of "bread" (lightly salted pizza wedges) were warm and delicious. The pizza's were very good - the crusts just perfect and the toppings didn't overwhelm the delicate crust. I would definately eat here again.

Best of all, the price was right:
Mista salad - (small) 4.79
Siciliana - 10.95
Pizza di Bricks - 10.79
White Zin - 4.50
Ice Tea - 1.85
Kristian Regal - 2.35

Total (+tax) = 39.00

2 comments:

Gail O'Connor said...

Glad to see you liked Bricks. I agree about the ambiance--it's really noisy in there when it's busy. And I love the texture of their pizza crust.

I went there over the winter with my brother and his family, and we had a problem with my younger nephew--he was convinced that there was nothing there for him to eat, since everything listed crushed tomatoes as an ingredient, and apparently that's a Bad Thing. However, we convinced him to try the pepperoni pizza and it turned out that crushed tomatoes can be okay if there is pepperoni present.

Kristin said...

I would actually go back for the salad. I had a half order (which was perfect with dinner) but it was tasty enough to have the full order for a meal on it's own. Yummy.

Popular Posts