Search This Blog

Monday, June 18, 2007

Viva Las Vegas!

Last week I went on vacation to a place I didn't think I would ever go: Las Vegas! What a great time I had hanging out with sister K4. I think with Vegas it is what you make of it - you can spend as much or as little as you like, you can gamble as much or as little as you want, you can do pretty much what ever you want. After my initial shock of being deposited in this city of lights and machines and people, I settled down and had a delightful time. I have gone through my pics and tried to pull out one picture that represents each day.


Saturday. We're here and ready to explore!


Paris in the summer time.



Saturday night we went to Spamalot! Funny, funny production. Warning though, you need to be a Holy Grail aficionado to really, truly, understand the humor.




Sunday was a hang out at the pool day. While waiting for K4 to wake up, I watched Planet of the Apes for the first time. Pretty good movie!

Monday. Look! I found Star Wars penny slots!


Tuesday took us to Red Rock Canyon, 30 minutes outside of Vegas. We could have easily spent several days exploring the trails. I had to content myself with posting this one picture.


Wednesday we went to a Cique de Soliel show (Mystere) at the Wynn and then caught some of the free evening shows along the strip. I caught this while waiting for the Sirens of TI battle.




Thurday was warm, warm, warm. 106* warm. We partook in a margarita over lunch while overlooking the strip. Then went back to the pool at the resort.





Thursday night we caught a shuttle down to Fremont Street, which is known as the old strip. We were there for 4 hours. 2 would have been plenty.





This is an image from the "jumbotron" that covers all of Fremont Street. The first light show of the evening was an alien invasion. This was an image I caught before my camera informed me that I had used up the entire memory card. Darn it!




My thanks to K4 for being a great travel companion and guide to this Vegas newbie! Looking forward to '08!

No comments:

Popular Posts