Search This Blog

Friday, July 6, 2007

Knitting, Project #3, The Other Sister's Scarf

K4 (my other sister) wasted no time in requesting a custom made scarf when she learned I had taken up knitting. She lamented that she hadn't been able to find a scarf in the color red she wanted and once it dawned on her that I could do custom work, she leapt upon opportunity. I happily agreed.

As mentioned in my Knitting Project #2 post, I found the yarn for K4's project at the Yarnery on Grand Ave in St. Paul. It is a beautiful, rich, cranberry red in 100% wool. As a bonus for K4, I also made her a matching hat as I had found a nifty pattern and wanted to work on my knitting skills. I had fun with this one. It was much easier to do than I thought it would be and came together in just a couple weeks. The flower adornment took a bit extra work, but I like how it turned out. I'll definitely be trying more hats in the future.

Pattern: Knitting by Jennifer Worick, Rock in Roll Brim Hat
Yarn: Cascade Yarns 100gr/220yds; 3 skeins
Store: The Yarnery, St. Paul
Needle: #6 circular and #6 double point



K4 is a hip and funky kinda gal, so I felt her scarf should reflect that. I modeled her scarf off of the pattern below, but used #10 needles instead of #15 and the same yarn as above. The scarf turned out a bit funky for me, but it will be just perfect for her. I also made sure it was a decent length as she complained most scarves are too long for her vertically challenged stature. It should wrap nicely around the neck once, and hang to about the hips with perhaps a bit peeking out from under her coat.



Pattern: Knitting by Jennifer Worick Ladder Scarf pg 36
Yarn: (coming soon...)
Store: The Yarnery, St. Paul
Needle: #10
She doesn't know her goodies are done yet...hehehe. What a fun package to open in the middle of July!

No comments:

Popular Posts