Search This Blog

Monday, August 20, 2007

I heart Uncle Hugos

This weekend brought a whirlwind trip to the Cities with the Hubby. It started back in June or July when my Bro invited us to a baseball game on Saturday. It ended up including a Thursday night Minnesota Zephyer dinner train ride, a Friday Morning yoga workshop - for me, not the Hubby, he went to Midwest Brew Supplies while I did flexybendy things; a trip to Grand Ave and my favorite stores and just general hanging out; a Saturday morning yoga workshop, a trip to Uncle Hugos (which is what this post is going to eventually get to) and the baseball game. In between all these adventures we dealt with more road construction than I ever thought possible. When I made my hotel reservations, there was still a 35W bridge. Incredible what can happen in mere weeks. We wiggled through construction on:
  • 694 between Central Ave and Lord Knows Where it Ended
  • 36 is still closed
  • 35w
  • 280 was down to single lanes N & S
  • Lake Ave is still under construction in two spots
  • and I94 was shut down for 3 miles right between 280 and 35W

Urk is all I have to say. But! I did get to ride the lightrail to and from the Twins game. That was fun. Crowded, but fun. I highly recommend it.

But I DID get to go to Uncle Hugos (which is the main objective of my post today) and it was a very successful trip! The books I turned in for store credit equaled $25.00. I picked up 5 used books and the Hubby wanted a new copy of Starship Troopers so we bought that new. Paid $1.00 total for my purchases.

  • The End of the Matter Alan Dean Foster
  • Flinx in Flux Alan Dean Foster
  • Bloodhype Alan Dean Foster
  • 40000 From Gahenna by CJ Cherryh (hardback! $4.oo!)
  • The Boy Who Would Live Forever by Frederick Pohl (recommended at a couple convention panels)
  • and Starship Troopers by Heinlein
  • Black Powder Wars by Naomi Novik (Book III)

Did I mention how much I like Uncle Hugos? :)

1 comment:

Joe said...

I know what you mean - now that we are here in the cities, it sure is interesting trying to get around!

Popular Posts