Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Hugo Award Winners, Nippon 2007

Here they are!

Novel Rainbows End by Vernor Vinge
Novella "A Billion Eves" by Robert Reed (Asimov's Oct 2006)
Novelette "The Djinn's Wife" by Ian McDonald (Asimov's July 2006)
Short Story "Impossible Dreams" by Tim Pratt (Asimov's July 2006)
Related Book James Tiptree, Jr.: The Double Life of Alice Sheldon by Julie Phillips
Dramatic Long Form Pan's Labyrinth Screenplay
Dramatic Short Form Doctor Who "Girl in the Fireplace"
Editor, Long Patrick Nielsen Hayden (Tor Books)
Editor, Short Gordon Van Gelder (Fantasy and Science Fiction)
Pro Artist Donato Giancola
Fan Writer Dave Langford
Semi Prozine Locus edited by Charles N. Brown, Kirsten Gong-Wong and Liza Groen Trombi
FanzineScience-Fiction Five-Yearly edited by Lee Hoffman, Geri Sullivan and Randy Byers
Fan Artist Frank Wu
Campbell Award Naomi Novik


Thoughts? Comments? You can link to the nominees by following the Worldcon link on the left or click on the scifi label...I think I posted the novel nominee's when they came out. Ironically, I just posted my thoughts on Rainbow's End by Vinge yesterday, and on Thursday I will be commenting on Glasshouse by Stross (nominee in Novel).

2 comments:

Gail O'Connor said...

I was pretty uninterested in the Hugos this year, but I'd rather Stross had won than Vinge. I just don't like Vinge's work at all. I often don't like Stross's work, either, but at least he sometimes writes things I like. I haven't read either of the novels in question, however, so I'm speaking generally. and after A Deepness in the Sky and Fast Times at Fairmont High, there's no chance I'll ever read anything else by Vinge. Ick, ick, ick.

I thought the most interesting announcement out of Worldcon was that the 2009 con will be held in Montreal. I am currently pondering whether it's realistic for me to try to go. Montreal would be cool.

Kristin said...

Ooo, Montreal! I've been hearing good things about that City. It may be worth a trip.

Popular Posts