Search This Blog

Friday, December 14, 2007

Knitting projects #6 & 7 revisited; New Store!

Well, Thursday came and went and I didn't do a post! I remember checking my line-up as I like to have a couple posts on deck for those weeks that are a bit slow or I'm between books and projects. Much to my surprise, I had absolutely no drafts ready and by the time I got home and remembered my conundrum, it was too late to do anything about it other than mull over some potential topics. It was as I was finished a beanie hat that I realized I had neglected to revisit Little B's hats and post his pics his Mom provided me.


Here's Little B in the Elfin Hat:




And here is a picture of his Squash Hat:

Isn't he such a handsome tyke!

And since we're on the topic of knitting, I have "discovered" a new yarn store in the Twin Ports! Fabric Works is located over in Superior and is a combination fabric and yarn store. It was a couple weekends ago I found myself on a mission for more yarn: I needed some Regia self-striping yarn for several London Beanie hats I promised family members, and my youngest sister requested another hat and scarf for a new coat she had recently purchased.

So after my morning yoga class I made my way over to Superior, hoping to get all my errands done and meet my friend Tess for lunch before the Big Snow hit. Alas, the Big Snow came as I was driving over the High Bridge, but being a staunch Minnesotan, I went forth. There was knitting to be done!

I bought 3 skeins of the Regia, and 4 skeins of Cascade 220 in a lovely shade of pink. I don't have the lot # otherwise I would have you take a look. I also purchased a "How To" book as it had a great illustrated example on how to do a cable cast on and I bought a hat and mitten pattern. I'm finding, much like recipes, once I've done a pattern I want to do something different. After lunch with Tess, we wandered into the Yarn Harbor where I bought another hat pattern that I liked a bit better for the sister.

Stay tuned for lots of knitting projects in the coming year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good shopping day!
Can't wait to see all the new projects.

Gail O'Connor said...

I went to a new shop yesterday--Knit'n From the Heart in Woodbury. I hate hate hate their name (too cutesy and tasteless), but it's an okay shop. I didn't like it as well as Color Crossing, but they sell Addi Turbo needles, and I may go back again for those next time I start a project.

I also managed to buy some Trekking sock yarn that is blue. Under the lights in the store it looked almost black, and I was rather disappointed when I got it home and saw the true color. I suspect that this is the same colorway as another pair of socks I've already knit. I like Trekking yarn, though, so it'll be okay. I just wanted black tweed, not blue.

Kristin said...

Dee - I should have two projects to post next week already. Stay tuned!

Gail - I LOVE those Addi Turbo needles! I think I have three different sizes now in circular. I still like bamboo/birch for straight or double pointed, but on cicular, very nice.

Azazo444 said...

The hats look great! :)

tess

Popular Posts