Search This Blog

Monday, February 18, 2008

Those Wiley Mice

I admit I don't use my grill a tremendous amount during the winter. I much prefer to use my oven and warm up the house with a bit of residual heat and great smells. So my grill sits outside, tucked under its protective cover waiting patiently, if not a bit frozen, for those lazy spring and summer evenings.

However, one evening recently as I was getting the hounds some much needed exercize, I noticed a plethora of many little footprints running between my beloved grill and the porch. Suspicious, I wrangled the stiff and cold cover off, took apart the grill rack, pulled out the flavor bars and confirmed my niggling doubts.

MOUSE CONDO!

This is the guts of my grill. It's a Weber Genisis B. The nest was the size of a deflated volleyball.



COMPLETE WITH MICE!


This is the second time this has happened. I'm not surprised really, our grill resides in an ideal spot: just off a couple of flower gardens and a hop, skip and scamper from the supermarket of the bird feeders.

I apologized as I evicted the poor mices (3 of them). They were just too close to the house and may get ideas. Grill will get moved to our new garage and when I get a warm day, I will scrub and sanitize the heck out of it.



No comments:

Popular Posts