Search This Blog

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Nine Fine Irishmen, Las Vegas, NYNY

I was going through my Las Vegas pictures when I realized I had not blogged about my dining adventures. How remiss! Dining at really good restaurants was part of the highlights of this trip. The Husband and I would eat breakfast at our resort (we had a full kitchen), lunch would be someplace on the light side or again, at our resort and dinner was the splurge.

I'll highlight some of the notables over the next couple of weeks, starting with Nine Fine Irishmen in NYNY.

This is modeled after a traditional Irish pub as one might find in NY city or perhaps even the Emerald Isle herself. This evening we met up with K2 and fiancee, her future in-laws and my folks. I suggested Nine Fine Irishmen thinking we would all be able to pick something off the menu. What I didn't realize is that it was perhaps a bit on the pricey side for some of our dining companions. But then, everything edible in Vegas is on the pricey side.

Let's see if I can remember what we all ordered:
The Husband and I shared a plate of calamari with the table, then split the Bangers and Mash.

K4 and fiancee split the potstickers (I think, I couldn't find them on the menu but I could have sworn that's what they had).

My folks split the Fish and Chips.

Fiancees folks split a burger (I think...again, it might have been Fish and Chips).

Splitting a plate is almost a given in Vegas. Not only are the meals pricey, but there is soooo much food that it would be impossible to eat it in one sitting. We found this to be especially so at the Cheesecake Factory. The portions there were just obscene. Very tasty, but huge.

Anyway, back to Nine Fine Irishmen. The food was very good. The calamari was done perfectly with two accompanying sauces that were both tangy and bright. The Bangers and Mash were well plated and delicious. The sausages not overly spicy or greasy and the baby red potatoes were perfectly mashed. We did eat outside - it would have been a bit nicer if we hadn't been in the shade in the evening with a slight wind blowing. It was a tich chilly. The service was less than stellar. We seemed to be an inconvenience to the waitress and given we were a party of 8 on what appeared to be a somewhat slow evening, she could have been a bit more attentive. She got her automatic 18% gratuity and we left it at that.

I think the Hubby and I both thought this would be a neat place to return to and dine inside.

No comments:

Popular Posts