Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Recipe Review from 4/19/08

Boy, where do the weekends go? Mother's Day weekend we were out and about, the following weekend the Husband went to the western side of the state for some turkey hunting, then I headed up to Grand Marias for a long camping and hiking weekend.

One follow up before I move into new recipes. The Milk and Honey Sourdough Bread (Ckng Lght BB)that I reviewed last week turned out excellent! A request was made to make this one again. Easily enough done!


Spinach and Feta Turnovers (Culinary in the Desert Blog from Everyday Foods) 3.0
Joe's description of this and the pictures looked fabulous. However, it just didn't grab our fancy once made. The Husband found the turnovers "bitter" and I thought they were wanting for some kind of sauce. I will confess that I was short one box of feta cheese, and I had some ricotta I could have added but brain farted it. Still, assembly was easy enough and they baked up perfectly. I froze four for a later date which will give me time to figure out a sauce or something.

Rhubarb Sauce (Joy of Cooking, pg??) 4.0
The Husband surprised me with this one. He grew up with rhubarb sauce. We have a rhubarb plant. He decided to make said sauce and consulted the above cookbook (I think that's the one I have) for the correct ratios of sugar, water and rhubarb. Must have worked because it was darn tasty on oatmeal! I'll have to try and remember to pick up the ice cream on the way home tonight.

No comments:

Popular Posts