Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Trattoria de Lupo, Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

Just in case you are just tuning in, I've been working my way through the restaurants I visited in April in Vegas when I was there for K4's wedding.

I considered this one a bonus restaurant! Trattoria Del Lupo by Wolfgang Puck was the only place that would accommodate my sisters Wedding dinner with 30 guests. Even though we were "on the floor" with the other diners, the waitstaff was absolutely incredible. You didn't even notice that you were at a table with 10 other people they were so smooth and well orchestrated.

I couldn't even begin to tell you what everyone had, but I can assure you, nobody was disappointed with their meal. The evening's meal started out with drinks and we shared a bottle of Chianti with Charrisa and Chad from Phoenix - a former co-worker of my sisters.

The table was then served warm baguettes sticks - which were good if you liked sticks of dried bread - But then! came the real bread - a warmed baguette with a choice of olive tapenade or whipped butter. I will admit, the waitstaff had to bring more.

I ordered linguine with clams and the Husband thinks he had the veal marsala. The sauce on my linguine was light yet covered everything in a most satisfactory manner. The clams were a nice size and I could taste a hint of the sea with the wine notes in the background. I couldn't tell you what the Bride and Groom had as they were at a different table. What I do know is everyone was very pleased with their dish. A couple people ordered a salad, but this was one of those times when it would have just been too much food.

I would dearly love to re-visit here again.

No comments:

Popular Posts