Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Knitting Project #14 - Scrappy Dishcloths

I came to realize, after doing over a dozen dishcloths since December, that I have all these partial balls leftover that were too much to really justify throwing away yet too small to do much else with. I came up with the plan to reduce my scrap stash while creating a selection of cloths for future gifts. Always nice to have something to go to for a small gift.

This was my first attempt at combining yarns so the color pattern is not that thrilling. With my next group I'm going to be more creative. They do come out a bit smaller than a regular one, but that's okay, personally I don't care for a huge dishcloth as they take longer to dry out and get too big when they are went and stretchy.



6/20/08 - editing to add, I forgot to include what pattern! Here it is:
Pattern: Nifty Knit Dishcloths by Leisure Arts, "Mini Cables"
Guage: #7
Yarn: Sugar and Cream in Summer Twists, Green Twists, and Taupe Twists
Approx time: 3.5 hours.


I'm also going to try making a small soap bag - something to put scraps of soap in or even a whole bar. If you know of a good pattern, let me know!

No comments:

Popular Posts