Search This Blog

Friday, September 12, 2008

Knitting Project #19: Little A’s new hat, and a new arrival!

Little Amelia turned two on Monday and her parents threw a lovely 2nd birthday for her this past weekend. The bonus was I got to see the new arrival, little Lydia!

Lydia came into the world on Sunday, August 24 at 10:00a. She was about 7lbs. Lydia was just under a week old in this picture.




Little Amelia loves the color pink. I had knit little Finny a hat for his birthday (still haven’t gotten a picture of him in his hat) and decided I needed to do the same for Amelia. I found a lovely pink merino wool:



I used my favorite London beanie hat pattern. It's so simple and quick to do. Initially I had cast on the usual 120 sts, but decided that I might not have enough yarn to make a full size, and while the one I made for Finny fit perfectly, Amelia’s a bit more petite. I re-cast on at 100 sts and only knit for 5" before decreasing. It fit perfectly.



Pattern: London Beanie by Regia
Needles: #3 circular and dps
Yarn: 100% merino wool by Claudia Hand Painted Yarns (ClaudiaCo.com) "Pink Posey"

No comments:

Popular Posts