Search This Blog

Monday, September 8, 2008

Recipe Review from 9/1/08

The Husband had the laptop this weekend so I’m a bit behind getting my recipe review out. And, once again, only two recipes to review. It was a bit of an odd week and the Husband was gone for 3 nights, my niece A had her 2nd birthday party and the yoga studio where I teach had their open house. It’s amazing how busy evenings can become!

One recipe was a hit, one was a miss:



Lemon-Grilled Chicken Breasts (Ckng Lght, Aug 08, pg 84) 4.5
For such simple ingredients, these were fantastic! Chicken breasts (thighs would be good too) were briefly marinated in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper. I didn’t pound them flat, I just tossed them into the bag and then onto the grill. Moist, flavorful, delish! The recipe has you make extra for...



Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken (Ckng Lght, Aug 08, pg 84) 2.5
This was a disappointment in a big way. I’ve made several different styles of Caesar Salad, but this one just didn’t make the cut. The dressing was extremely runny and had undertones of metallic flavor. The Husband thought I should have upped the anchovies, and I thought there was too much. The dressing just completely lacked any flavor at all. Won’t be repeating.

(Both photo's from CookingLight.com)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The grilled chicken looks great. I'll be giving that recipe a try.

I like anything that keeps me out of the kitchen. It is still unbearably hot here. No need to add more heat by turning on the oven.

Popular Posts