Search This Blog

Friday, October 3, 2008

Soctoberfest 2008! (or Knitting Project #22)

Over on LollyKnitting Around, Lauren has posted about the 2008 Soctoberfest, which started Wednesday, October 1. It is linked to the Ravelry Site, which I'm not a member of. Still, the idea of a month dedicated to knitting socks just seemed like a fun, motivating project to participate in, AND, it just happens I do have a sock "On the Needles" right now!

My friend Gail is going to laugh at me: I've already frogged my sock out once. I didn't care for the knitting pattern with the self striping yarn pattern. I recast on Wednesday night - in honor of the start of Soctoberfest - while watching re-runs of Scrubs (season 4) and have about 2/3" of the cuff completed. I don't know what pattern I'm going to do yet. I'll worry about that later tonight.

If you are a member of Ravelry, they are also doing a mystery sock. The cuff pattern was posted yesterday and subsequent parts will be posted regularly.



Book: Sensational Knitted Socks
Pattern: TBD
Yarn: "Boston" by Wisdom Yarns (Wool-polymide blend)
Needles: #2 dps; 64 sts co.

Let the knitting begin!

1 comment:

Gail O'Connor said...

I, too, am in the sock frogging club now. When we were in Denver I was trying to knit a pattern with black yarn on tiny needles, and it wasn't going well and was too small, so I frogged it. I am much happier with the pattern I'm now using that yarn for, though I've had to re-do the heels several times because short row heels kind of suck.

Last weekend I cast on a sock pattern I've done before, on the same needles I used before, but unlike the first time I made it, these socks are too big. I'm using a different type of yarn, and it's making all the difference in the world. I am going to measure my gauge and rip it out and start over, in a smaller size. Let me comment here that the more I knit with yarn that's mostly cotton, the less I like the experience. When I set this sock aside and picked up my wool sock again, it was a tremendous relief.

Popular Posts