Search This Blog

Friday, November 14, 2008

Knitting Projects # 22 & 23; Update and Completed

For October, I was working on a pair of socks as part of Socktoberfest over on Ravelry. I got one sock finished, and a good start on sock number two. As I mentioned in Wednesdays post, we did a trip across the state to deer hunt and visit the Husbands family. The thing about visiting his family is it entails A LOT of sitting. I used to get real fidgety, but knitting really came through for me this weekend. I was able to finish the toe on the first sock (still having problems with that kitchner stitch) and get a good start on the second. I am a bit disappointed because I wasn’t able to start in the same spot color wise so the striping is off a bit. Oh well.



Pattern: Sensational Knitted Socks, Baby Cable
Needles: Guage #2, dps
Yarn: Wisdom Yarns, “Boston”

My sock needles are too small to knit with in the car, so I worked on re-doing the Husbands hat. The pattern was running rather large. I cast on 120 sts for a “large” size per the instructions, and it was HUGE, even for his noggin. Since I was so close to being done with it, I just frogged out enough to start a new hat in a “medium” with 108 sts cast on.



I finished the hat on Tuesday night. The "medium" was still a bit big, but I told the Husband we can always run it through the wash to shrink it down if he wants. I also wasn't happy with the decrease instructions, but I'm wondering if I read them incorrectly. I did what the directions said, but in hindsight, I think I translated them wrong.



Pattern: Ely Hat by Theresa Gaffey Designs
Guage: #8 cir
Yarn: Malabrogio Yarns (oh so soft and yummy!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The socks look great!

As for the hat being too large, I'm thinking that when it gets really cold your DH may really appreciate that he can pull it far down over his ears. It looks good on him!

Popular Posts