Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Knitting Update!

Thanksgiving proved to be a rather busy long weekend for me. We spent the whole day on Thursday at my Folks place, noshing and visiting and playing with the nieces - well, playing with Miss Amelia, Miss Lydia was just handed around for all of us to admire her cuteness. Friday was catch-up on house stuff day and Saturday I meet up with my Saturday morning yoga group then ran errands till 1:00p. Sunday, had the parents out for lunch and electrical work.

But little tykes aside, I kept my hand busy with a couple three knitting projects, so this is my Project Update Blog! Unfortunately, I forgot the camera at home this morning and will have to upload the pictures tomorrow.

Socktober Fest Socks
I haven’t forgotten about sock #2! I’ve been waiting for a quiet moment to count out the heel flap and heel turn - which I finished on Sunday, sitting in the dark, while waiting for the Husband and the Dad to figure out the electrical problem, while watching the Packers lose. I don’t recommend knitting with dark sock yarn in a dark living room with only the TV as light. I hope to be moving onto the instep stitches in the next week or so.

Dishcloths!


I picked up a new dishcloth “book” by Leisure Arts a while back and dishcloth #1 grabbed my fancy. I think it’s the Bee Stitch Cloth. Once I figured out how to keep track on whether I was on row 1 or row 2 stitches (look at the back), I whipped out two of these in a couple three days - fun, fun, pattern! And seriously, they knit up that fast.



Fashion Scarf

Sorry about the dark picture. It was the best I could do at 7:30 in the morning!

And I started a neck warmer based off of a pattern from Lolly Knitting Around for the youngest Sis. I’m hoping I have enough yarn for this - the yarn is originally from this hat and scarf set and there was a partial skein leftover that I’ve been wondering what to do with. I saw this pattern and thought it would be a elegant addition to her set. It’s a super simple pattern, but as Lauren noted, it curls rather significantly. I'll need to teach myself how to block for this one. And I LOVE how the pattern looks on both sides! I did do one modification - I did a seed stitch for 5 rows at the start for a nice border. Meanwhile, I’m crossing my fingers I have enough to finish!


I need to knit faster...I would like to make 2 more hats before the end of the month and a couple more dishcloths. My poor sock - it might not get any attention after all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, come January there will be plenty of time for that sock.

I only got to watch the end of the Packers game. TV switched over to it after our local game. I love watching it snow at Lambau (sp?) Field.

I still miss Brett though.

Popular Posts