Search This Blog

Friday, January 9, 2009

Kniting Project # 24: The Socks are FINISHED!


Not the picture I wanted, but it will do.

I started this pair for Socktober Fest over on Ravelry, and sock #1 WAS finished by the end of October, but poor sock #2 languished in my project bag while I worked on all those dishcloths for Christmas. So I was on a mission to have them finished by the end of the year.

I really liked how the pattern came out. It wasn't a difficult pattern by any means: K2 P2 for 3 rows, on the 4th row K2tog, P2. I did have some general difficulties in the experience dept - sock #1 ended up being a bit snug and a bit long. I must have been knitting tighter than I usually do. Sock #2 was going really well until it came time to start the toe decreases. I then discovered I had somehow managed to increase my sts count by about 5 or 8 sts, which screwed up my decrease significantly. And as usual, I had trouble with the kitchner stitch and had to rip out the toe and re-do it. So one sock is a bit long and one sock is a bit wide and were going to just go with it.

Pattern: Sensational Knitted Socks, Baby Cable Rib
Yarn: Wisdom Yarns "Boston:
Needle: #2 dps

No comments:

Popular Posts