Search This Blog

Friday, January 2, 2009

Recipe Review and Year End Summary

First, I'll wrap up the last new recipes I made for 2008:

Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops (Ckng Lght, Dec 08, pg 181) 4.5
This was surprisingly simple and incredibly tasty. Using thin boneless porkchops, they are floured, dipped in egg, and dipped in a mixture of breadcrumbs. Then they were lightly fried. I simplified the whole "dip in this and dip in that" and did a homemade "shake-n-bake". These cooked up very tnder and juicy. I served them with the rice that follows.

Wild Rice with Crimini Mushrooms (Ckng Lght Annual 09, pg 77) 4.5
The Husband made this while I did the pork chops. Wild rice was simmered in a broth/water mixture while shallots and mushrooms were briefly sauted in some butter and olive oil. Once the rice is done and drained, it's tossed with a splash of sherry (or two splashes if the Husband is in charge). Then everything is tossed together to allow all the wonderful flavors to combine. The only change I made was I used regular sliced mushrooms for crimini because that is what I had on hand. This was just as good the next day.

Three Bean Chili (Ckng Lght Annual 09, pg 49) 3.5
A very quick chili that was just...okay. Onions are sauteed and then combined with diced tomatoes, black beans, garbanzo beans, and navy beans (from the garden!), tomato paste, chili powder, and cumin. Simmer briefly and serve. We let it sit over night at is was for lunches during the week. I found the chili on the bland side, without much depth and in need of salt. I probably won't make this again.


And those recipes wrapped up 2008. My goal was 134 so I was 5 short. I ran out of steam at the end of the year. So it goes. Here's the year end summary:

2008 - 129

As a comparison:

2007 - 120
2006 - 103
2005 - 137
2004 - 143
2003 -154
2002 - 129

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thankfully, the remote they gave me at the cable company runs everything. We have remotes for the others, but they just sit by the machine. After you get the bugger programed, one remote does it all.


Congratulations on all the recipes. I'm going to try to keep track of that this year.

Popular Posts