Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Knitting Update!

So my poor blanket is lanquishing a bit from neglect, but in my defense, it is not a portable project (I have something like 20 skeins of yarn and I'm using two at any given moment). But that doesn't mean my needles have been idle!

I've finished Finny's hats; one I did "as written" and the other I modified and did smaller stripes. I'm parial to the small stripes. I did enjoy this pattern and yarn, so I picked some up in pinks for the nieces for next fall.

Guageless Hat #106
Cabin Arts pamphlet
#4 dps and circular
Cascade Fixation yarn



And I finished a couple more dishcloths:


Bee Stitch from Leisure Arts Kitchen Bright Dishcloths
#6 needles
Sugar n' Cream yarn



Simple Weave from Leisure Arts Knifty Knit Dishcloths
#4 needles
Sugar n' Cream yarn



The Simple Weave was a bit of an experiment. I've been using #6 needles with the Sugar n'Cream yarns, but my dishcloths still tend to come out on the large and floppish size even tho I tend to knit on the tight side. A co-worker did a dishcloth pattern that called for #3 and #4 needles and I loved how snug it knitted up. I think the #4's worked great, but I'm going to find a pair of #3's and try those.

Oh! Dimensions would help here - the Simple Weave is supposed to be ~9x9" with #7's. I used #4's and the dimensions were 10x10.5". Yea, I think I can safely try #3's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute knits. You've been BUSY!

elizabeth said...

hey all your projects look cool! Those hats in fixation must be pretty fun- the colors are great!

Popular Posts