Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Knitting Update!

Despite the plethora of book reviews lately, my needles have not been idle! During Easter weekend while at Minicon, I cast on for a pair of socks; I've completed 2 of 4dishcloths for the SIL whilest down in Montevideo two weekends ago and number 3 is halfway done as I type this; and I whipped out a quick eyelash scarf. Unfortunately, the afghan has been idle.


Sensational Knitted Socks - Simple Rib
Wisdom Yarns - "Boston"
#2 dps

This pair of socks has actually been started about three times now. First two times the pattern I picked just wasn't working. I set these aside for quite some time, then Minicon weekend I picked a new pattern cast on and was STILL not happy. I had initially chosen a waffle rib, but with the self striping yarn it just wasn't working out. BUT! When I flipped the sock inside out it was a really nice simple rib. Now working somewhat backwards, it was going well until last night when I managed to confuse myself and had to rip out to the heel turn. Oh well. It's back on track now and I hope to have most of #1 done this weekend if I don't get to busy with yard work.


Leisure Arts - Knifty Knit Dishcloths "Stacked Barrels"
Sugar n' Cream in green
#3 and #4 needles.

I've been experimenting lately with the needle size on my dishcloths. The patterns call for No.7's, and I usually use No.6's, but a co-worker did a cloth from KrisKnits that called for No.3's. I loved how it turned out, so I scampered out and purchased a couple smaller guage needles and waa-la! A nice snug dishcloth. The SIL requested four in "Tuscan" colors and I've finished these two in green. Currently on the needles is number 3 in a beautiful mahogany. Number four will be in an off-white/green/brown earth toneish varigated color.



Eyelash Scarf
#17 needles

I have a purple eyelash scarft that was given to me quite some time ago that I absolutely love for Spring/Fall and for the cooler days in the office (doesn't your office get cold?). I picked a couple skeins up over Minicon weekend from 3 Kittens in Maple Grove and after a few fits getting started (this yarn is a PITA!) I quickly had one knit up. I did 12 sts across and I wish I had done 16 or 18. I may rip it out and re-do, but I do have two more skeins (a varigated blue and a lovely green) to do up first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a lotta knitting!

The socks look great!

Popular Posts