Search This Blog

Monday, June 22, 2009

Recipe Review from 6/15/09



I have a new FAVORITE grilled cheese sandwich! Oh my yes, these were just delicious. I didn't make them on the grill as directed, but on the stove and I just put another heavy pan on top - like a panini press. I used a hearty whole grain bread and I skipped the dijon mustard because I was to lazy to open a new bottle.

It wasn't hard to find the arugula/spinach mix, but if you can't you can just use straight spinach. Much to my surprise, the arugula stayed nice and fresh all week. I plan on having salads with whatever doesn't go into my sandwich. It's a nice change from straight spinach.

Just make sure you slice those tomatoes nice and thin!


Grilled Tomato and Brie Sandwiches (Ckng Lght, June 09)

These sandwiches make the most of juicy, flavorful summer tomatoes. Serve with grapes, carrot sticks, or pita chips.

Yield
4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)

Ingredients
8 (1-ounce) slices 100% whole-grain bread (about 1/4 inch thick)
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, halved
2 teaspoons country-style Dijon mustard
4 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
1 1/3 cups packaged baby arugula and spinach greens (such as Dole)
8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices beefsteak tomato
Cooking spray
Preparation
1. Prepare grill to high heat.

2. Brush one side of each bread slice with oil; rub cut sides of garlic over oil. Spread 1/2 teaspoon mustard on each of 4 bread slices, oil side down. Top each bread slice with 1 ounce cheese, 1/3 cup greens, and 2 tomato slices. Top each with remaining 4 bread slices, oil side up.

3. Place sandwiches on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted and cheese melts.

No comments:

Popular Posts