Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Kalahari Typing School for Men (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, #4)


The Kalahari Typing School for Men is book #4 in the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series.

Outwardly, Mma Precious Ramotswe is mostly content: her business is established in the community and surrounding area, she has a house, two adopted children, and a fine fiancé. However, under the surface all is not so well. Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni has not set the date for their marriage. Her assistant and assistant manager of Tolkwang Speedy Motors, Mma Makutsi, wants a husband. But worst of all, a rival detective agency has opened business on the other side of town!

Book #4 brought back same lighthearted spunk and determined doggedness that drew me to book one (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency)and two (Tears of a Giraffe) but were lost in book three (Morality for Beautiful Women). I liked how we got more than a glimpse into Mma Makutsi's emotions and her continuing frustrations at being the top graduate of the Typing School, but yet unable to find a suitable husband.

My only complaint with this book was the plot was more transparent than usual and I could see the results rolling out in front of me like a carpet. Still, not enough to distract me and I was able to just sit back and enjoy the story. I still recommend this series.

No comments:

Popular Posts