Search This Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Knitting Update!

Finally, a couple of finishes! Yeah yeah, it's been a while...but I've been busy! That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. Yeah...busy... ;)

Nordic Mittens by Paton Yarns
#4 circulars
Paton Decor Yarn in Soot and Pink (acrylic/wool blend) from Fabric Works in Superior, WI



This was my first attempt at stranded knitting or Fair Isle knitting. Once my left hand understood what it needed to do, these were a lot of fun. The only perplexing thing was how small they turned out. One of my fellow Chicks with Sticks also did her's on #4's and they didn't turn out anywhere near as small as mine did. In hindsight, I should have checked to verify that my needles were actually #4's. I will be doing these again. Super quick.


Stockinette Socks
#1 circulars
Cascade Heritage Prints from Three Kittens in Mendota Heights (delicious yarn!)



Picture really doesn't to the colors justice in any way shape or form. The yarn is a deep cranberry with hints of darker spots and blueish flecks. Lovely!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Both projects are beautiful! Congrats on the finishes.

Popular Posts