Search This Blog

Monday, May 24, 2010

Impromto Knitting Retreat



A week or so ago, one of my fellow Chicks With Sticks (also a co-worker) arranged for a group of us to come up to her cabin for a weekend knitting retreat. A couple of us could only come on Friday, a couple on Saturday, and one gal for the whole weekend!

So it 'twas a slightly overcast, cool, and blustery day that Kari and myself made our way to The Cabin, where we met up with Karen and Carrie. The food theme was Mexican and we had some fabulous dishes! Easy Coffee Cake for brunch, a Buffalo Chicken Chili, tortilla chips with blue cheese, corn bread, apples and dip, Mexican wedding cookies, and margaritas margaritas margaritas! Oh, I was sooo stuffed!



And there were projects! We made sock blockers out of placemats and sanded and varnished our own antler buttons. I already know what project my buttons are going on.



Oh, yes, there was knitting too! I finished cabled sock #1 and started my second Nordic Mitten. I'm still disappointed that the mittens are turning out small *again*, but I have a plan for a recipient so all is not in vain.

No comments:

Popular Posts