Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Knitting Update, Aug 2010

I realized I haven't had a knitting update since May!  Far far too long.  Make it seem like I haven't been doing anything.  Not quite the truth...my summer projects are certainly less than in the winter time but I've still been plugging away on odds and ends. 


I've finished two pairs of socks.  First pair was for Sis K2
Yarn - KnitPicks, stroll hand painted in "Tea Party"
Pattern - basic stockinette
Needles #1



Second pair will either be for myself or will be gifted.
Yarn - KnitPicks, essentials in Masala
Pattern - Cabled Rib with Moss Stitch (Sensational Knitted Socks)
Needles #1.

This was my first time doing cables on a sock and I really enjoyed the pattern.  It was pretty simple to memorize the 8 rounds necessary so I didn't have to drag around the pattern everywhere.  The only hard part was remembering which round I left off on. 



The next two hats were very quick to knit.  This was a request from D - he wanted a hat with ear flaps so I knit up the first hat only to find he didn't care for the oatmeal color on the bottom.  No problem.  I knit a second one up starting with dark blue.  Ear flaps went on this weekend.

Pattern: Ol' Pappy Hat from Pints and Purls
Yarn: Mission Falls 1824 Wool (four colors)
Needles - #6 circulars





And, Nordic Mittens! This is the second pair I've made with this pattern.  First pair I did on #4 needles and they turned out way small.  I had enough yarn to make a second pair following the pattern recommendation of #6 and they still turned out on the small side.   I did the color scheme opposite for this pair.

Pattern - Nordic Mitts by Paton Yarns
Yarn - Decor by Paton yarn
Needles - #6 circulars






Currently on the needles is a Child's Beach Top in pink for Miss A.  I haven't decided what second project will be.  Probably a scarf as I have two of those in the que.  Or some hats to match the Bella mittens.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Popular Posts