Search This Blog

Monday, August 2, 2010

More Tall Ships 2010!

Over my lunch hour on Friday, a co-worker and I went down to the Canal to check out the Tall Ships in port.  To give you an idea of how popular these ships were, Monday mornings news reported that upwards of 200,000 people were in town at some point over the four day event.  That's more people than Grandma's Marathon, which used to be the people drawing event, and I think it easily surpassed Blues Fest. 

But I digress.  If a person wanted to get up close and personal with the ships, one had to pay.  If one just wanted to admire, there was plenty of room to do that too.  Which is what we did. 

For your viewing pleasure:
HMS Bounty, Roald Amundson, Amistad, Barque Europa


HMS Bounty (aka The Black Pearl, Mutiny on the Bounty)


Roald Amendson, US Brig Niagra, Barque Europa

Roseway (has rose colored sails)

Smallest ship in for the tour (sorry, couldn't find it's name)

I think next time the ships are in town, I am going to sign up for a sail boat ride.  I've only ever done one, on Lake Champlain in 2004, where it stormed and rained so we had to head back early.   Still, to sail on a wooden ship on Lake Superior, that would be so cool. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That WOULD be SO cool! Your pictures are great.

Popular Posts