Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2010

Knitting update: 2010 Christmas Gifts

I've been rather quiet on the knitting front, but that's not because my needles have been idle!  I didn't want to tip my hat (no pun intended!) too early. 

It started with the Bella mittens:
pattern by Subliminal Rabbit
#7 circulars
yarn is Swish Bulky by KnitPicks.  Awesome yarn by the way. 



I found myself with yarn leftover, and, thinking to be crafty, I decided mittens needed a hat.  The Button Tab hat was perfect.  I made four, with three different brims.  The seed-stitch brim was my least favorite because it made the hat rather large.  It was my intent to have the yarns match, but unfortunately, I ran out of the Heathered Green. KnitPicks discontinued that particular color and they didn't have anything to replace it.  So I bought some Swish bulky in a Garnet Heather (not sure if that is the actual color name, but that's what it looks like).   Buttons are made from white tail deer antlers. 


Pattern: Button Tab Hat
#7 circulars
Swish Bulky buy KnitPicks




The verdict?  I think they were happy: 



2 comments:

deborahinwi said...

Hello from Ashland, Duluth! I love reading, and all sorts of crafts too!

LUV your blog!

Karl A. said...

The hats and mits were an awesome idea! I'm still in awe of your talent...

Popular Posts