Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Million Ways to Die in the West by Seth McFarlane

Seth McFarlane's a Million Ways to Die in the WestSeth McFarlane's a Million Ways to Die in the West by Seth MacFarlane

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Jacket Blurb:  "A Million Ways to Die in the West" pays homage to the traditional Western with a modern comic spin, following a cowardly farmer who seeks the help of a gunslinger's wife to win back the woman who left him.

"Read" as an audiobook.  I didn't realize that the narrator was Johnathan Frakes, aka"Commander Riker" on Star Trek Next Gen, until I read the jacket blurb.  I also have not seen the movie by the same name.

This was enjoyable in a thoroughly twisted and bizarre way.  I don't even know if I can adequately describe the story as it bounced from insanely ridiculous, to eewwww, grosssss!!, to laugh out loud silly, and ultimately a bit heartwarming.  I didn't know if I should be sympathetic with our cynically bumbling hero or cheer him on as he lamented the Love of His Life dumping him for The Mustachio Dresser.

I suspect if you like crude bathroom/bodily function jokes, ribald sexual descriptions, and don't mind very coarse language, this might be the book for you.  Not to be taken seriously - sit back and enjoy the story.  It's short, the pain will be over soon. :)

Recommended (with caveats above)! 





View all my reviews

No comments:

Popular Posts