Search This Blog

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Knitting Project #6: The Pumpkin Hat

A while back (August? September?) my sister put in a request for a pumpkin hat for her little boy. She had seen some on her travels to Door County, WI, and decided the little tyke needed one. Being a novice knitter, I had no idea where to even find a pattern, so I put in a request for help on the Ckng Lght BB and several people graciously offered links to several patterns.


I picked this one, as it seemed to match my skills and could be readily done in a short period of time. Not only was this a simple pattern, it was a lot of fun. I ended up making two pumpkin hats (one for the nephew and niece), but two "acorn" hats as well. One acorn hat went to the nephew and one to a friends little guy. All these tykes are about the same age, give or take a couple of months.

The Nephew (16 mo)

The Niece (13 mo)

Pattern: Pumpkin Hat Knitting Pattern
Yarn: Lamb’s Pride, 85% Wool/15% Mohair (4 oz)
Autumn Harvest and Turkish Olive
Gauge: #9 circular and dpn’s

3 comments:

Gail O'Connor said...

Very cute! I sometimes wish I had little ones to knit for. Little projects are nice.

A. Lutzi Rockwell said...

Hey I like the pictures. You could market these things!

Kristin said...

Adam, I think it's the awesome models that I had to work with! :)

Popular Posts