Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Knitting Project #12 - More dishcloths for K2

In between trying to get March’s book group selection completed (didn’t finish in time), a weekend intensive yoga workshop that took me to the Cities, a return trip for K4's bridal shower and Minicon, a Vegas wedding and Minnesota reception, plus my regular yoga classes with some additional subbing, I have been plugging away at several knitting projects.


K2 put in a request for six dishcloths in earth-tone colors after I gave her three as part of a late Holiday present. I told her she would have to wait as I had several projects in line in front of hers, (the London Beanies, and K4's hat/scarf/mittens) but an opportunity presented itself in the manner and mein of an early Birthday gift so I quick knit up three.


In her early Birthday basket she received a copy of Better Basics for the Home (which I reviewed here), Essential oils of lavender and tea tree, a squirt bottle, liquid castille soap and a bar of castille soap and the three dishcloths.




This was a fun pattern that creates these cool little cables that spiral up the cloth. It knits up fairly quickly once the basic rhythm is set. As I’ve grown into my knitting skills this past year, I’ve noticed each project has its own "feel"or "rhythm" that dictates how the project will go. A smooth rhythm and it’s a quick project. Can’t find the rhythm, well, it’s going to take a while. I’m having problems finding the feel of K4's mittens and may have to put them aside for a while or rip them apart and start completely over.


Pattern: Nifty Knit Dishcloths by Leisure Arts, "Mini Cables"
Guage: #7
Yarn: Sugar and Cream in Summer Twists, Green Twists, and Taupe Twists
Approx time: 3.5 hours.




The next 3 she recieved as an acutal birthday gift.
The pattern: Nifty Knit Dishcloths by Leisure Arts, "Raised Diamonds"
Yarn: Sugar and Cream in Ecru, Green and Brown
Approx time: 3.5 hours (Almost finished during "Return of the King")
Guage: #7


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the colors in the dishcloths. Very pretty! They look so nice in the basket.

Popular Posts