Search This Blog

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter's Interlude

I have been absolutely swamped with meetings at work this past week and the husband has been swamped with finals and final papers. So what do these two seemingly unrelated bits of news mean? No computer time! But I found a quiet moment here late Sunday evening (we were in town all day today with niece Lydia's baptism and a yoga staff meeting) and I am bound and determined to fit a post in!

Because of said busy schedule, no new recipes last week. The crock pot roast I posted about previously feed us most of the week. Dinner Friday night was at the folks with a lovely visit from my sister, her husband and nephew Finny.

Update on Kia-dog, her mishap with a stick seems to have healed well. After a couple days of "the cone" we gave up and stuck her in one of my old t-shirts. That worked really well and the gouged spot seems to be healing nicely. Here's a picture of the two hounds out hunting mice in a snowstorm.



My other neat news is we seem to have a female cardinal visiting our feeder. She showed up a week ago and has been back daily (I have to rely on the husband keeping an eye on the feeder for my daily report). On Saturday I observed that she visited several times. It sure would be nice if she stuck around. It was also on Saturday that we recorded 5 varieties of birds at one time: cedar waxwings, cardinal, blue jays, chickadees and evening grossbeaks. Very cool. No finches yet though, most peciliar. Here's a poor picture of our lovely rose-colored female cardinal (in a snowstorm).



I also haven't been able to post about my knitting projects - my needles have been smoking from my little projects - because not everyone has received their Holiday gifts yet. I'm looking forward to Christmas when I can finally tell you about the gifts I'm giving! (Adam - send me a picture of you in your hat please! Or even just the hat would be great...thx!) :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr...your lady cardinal looks chilled to the bone!

A. Lutzi Rockwell said...

Kristin: For some reason I don't have your email. Could you send it to me at lutzirockwell@gmail.com. Thanks!

Popular Posts