Search This Blog

Thursday, December 8, 2011

I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett

I Shall Wear Midnight (Discworld, #38)I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is book four in the Tiffany Aching Series. Recommend to be read in order.

Pratchett’s books are a delight to read. Granted, there are some that grab my fancy more than others, but the witticism, the insight into the quirky parts of the human psyche, and the dry (and not so dry) sense of humor is just outstanding.


However, this was one that I thought got a bit…long. Once again, our young heroine seems to be at the center of Big Nasty Things. A Big Nasty Thing is turning people against witches, against the help they give the small communities, all the little wrongs they right, old people they care for, young people they bring into the world…you get the idea. Intolerance is blooming again in Discworld and despite knowing Miss Aching for 16 years, she’s now A Person of Dubious Character because she is a witch.


And Miss Aching, for her part, spends a goodly portion of the book running around not getting enough sleep, not eating properly and wondering how she is going to take care of the most current problem.


About half way through I was ready to skip to the end to find out. But then I might miss something cool that the Mac Nac Feegles did. So I doggedly kept going.




Not my favorite Pratchett, but not my least favorite either.





Gail’s review on Disorganized, As Usual


Andrew Wheeler's review




View all my reviews





No comments:

Popular Posts