Search This Blog

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Embroidered Truths by Monica Ferris (#9)

Embroidered Truths (A Needlecraft Mystery, #9)Embroidered Truths by Monica Ferris 


My rating: 3 of 5 stars

From Goodreads.com: After her friend Godwin has a nasty quarrel with his significant other, John, Betsy Devonshire finds herself with a roommate. But heartbreak turns to grief when Betsy and Godwin discover John dead in his home, and Godwin is arrested for the murder. Betsy sets out to prove him innocent, and finds that John had some dishonest dealings that made him a lot of money--and a lot of enemies. Now Betsy has to untangle a cat's cradle of lies if she's going to save Godwin... before the murderer decides to cut off all the loose ends for good.


A little more substance to this one, a bit more character development in Godwin, but yet the situation left me slightly unsatisfied. Godwin is basically in an emotionally abusive relationship, his partner is murdered and he's framed for it (of course), but I found the resolution a bit too pat. I'm also not particularly enthused about Besty butting heads with the local sheriff. Too much of an amateur sleuth cliché. It was also disturbing that a 25year old (Godwin) would be doing Botox 'to retain his youthful looks'. Umm....25 year old? Doing Botox? Righht....


Despite my complaints, I munched through this in a couple of days and was entertained. Which is all I ask of my cozies...no rocket science here. That's for my scifi books.



View all my reviews


No comments:

Popular Posts