Search This Blog

Monday, August 17, 2015

Recipe Review from 8/17/2015

I'm off on adventures this next week, so I'm posting this recipe a bit early.   New recipes have been a  slow this summer as I've been relying more on just simple grilling food like my current favorite: grilled kielbasa with pineapple, red pepper and onions.  We're also grilling a lot of fish, some ribs and pork chops, corn on the cob and leftovers in between.  Lunches have been sandwiches because they are quick and easy. 

I'll get back to new recipes after all my Fall adventures are over and the weather starts to cool down where I don't have to worry about heating up the house.  

In the meantime, enjoy!

Mediterranean Chickpea Salad (RecipeGirl Blog via Pinterest)  gluten free, vegetarian
Another super simple salad with minimal prep.   I think I had this pulled together in well under half an hour.  I did skip the green onions, and I subbed lime juice for the lemon, but only adding 1/2 tbsp.  I'm out of lemon juice.  In the middle of summer. Go figure...

This is going to be my supper for Mon and Tues while I'm on the road in the aforementioned adventures.  I'll pick up some small french rolls from Whole Foods Market as I roll through the Cities to round out my meal. 

photo from RecipeGirl.com
SALAD:
Two 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
2/3 cup chopped bell pepper (mix red/yellow/orange)
3/4 cup halved grape tomatoes
3 green onions, sliced
12 kalamata olives, sliced in half
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese


DRESSING:
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 small garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon cumin
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:

1. In a large bowl, toss together the salad ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss. Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle juices on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds delicious and I usually have all those ingredients on hand. I'm sure I'll be making this one soon.

Have a great trip.

Popular Posts