Search This Blog

Monday, August 6, 2007

Recipe Review 8/6/07

With so much going on this past week I only had time to make one new recipe and it made a decent amount of leftovers so I didn’t have to worry about finding time to cook. Well, I probably wouldn’t have cooked anyway given how warm and humid it was, plus with all the fresh summer squash and lettuce I have in my garden right now I would have made salads.

But, as usual, I digress from the review!

Falafel Patties with Goat Cheese Sauce (source - Ckng Lght BB??) 8
These were very easy to make and bake. I made the recipe even simpler by using two cans of chickpeas rather than soaking my own. The recipe also called for shredding one WW pita to add to the patties, but I just used some stale-frozen bread crumbs I had on hand so I wouldn’t have to buy a whole package of pitas. It made about 24 - 1"x 1/2" patties, which I placed on a oiled baking sheet and grilled them for 15 minutes flipping once (again, not turning on the oven when it’s 85* outside!).

The goat cheese was blended with yogurt and garlic to make the sauce, and a relish of seeded tomatoes, green onions, cucumbers and seasoning was quickly pulled together. I served everything over a bed of chopped lettuce, using the relish and goat cheese as a dressing of sorts. Overall, this was light and refreshing, and made several lunches and dinners for two when combined with a bit of crusty bread and fruit. My only very minor complaint was the patties were a bit dry and could have benefited from a splash of olive oil during the assembly process.

No comments:

Popular Posts