Search This Blog

Monday, August 13, 2007

Recipe Review 8/13/07

Another quiet week recipe wise. We seem to be eating a lot of very simple things and many salads and I’ve already posted about salads. The following dish was very simple to pull together, but used a lot of dishes. I wasn’t real thrilled with the dishes part as it was rather warm out and I didn’t want to be standing in the kitchen any more than I had to. But the meal was very tasty and perfect for the warm weather.

Garden Shrimp Pasta (Ckng Lght, Aug 07, pg 178) 7
Angel hair pasta is tossed with shrimp, tomatoes, oregano and basil and a vinaigrette type dressing in this light dish. I used ½ the shrimp called for (originally 2lbs!) and inadvertently ½ of the tomatoes - I forgot to chop the second one, darn it. I really liked how light and flavorful this dish was and it was just as tasty as leftovers the next day. I served it with the salad below and a bit of crusty bread.

Tossed Salad with Avocado and Cashews (Ckng Lght, Aug 07, pg 234) 7
Avocado in a salad! I never even connected how tasty this would be! This came with a very basic lime and olive oil vinaigrette that was drizzled over lettuce (from the garden) cashews, avocados, tomatoes (my addition) and green onions. Again, very fresh and bright tasting. Perfect for hot weather.

I’m not sure I’m going to have any recipes for next week as the Husband and I are making a run to the Cities for a dinner train and a baseball game. Hopefully the following week I’ll have at least a couple new things to talk about and perhaps it will cool off enough to start baking again!

No comments:

Popular Posts