Search This Blog

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Knitting Project #10 - Another Beanie Hat!

The parents are soon going to be heading toward warmer climes and I wanted to get the Mother's London Beanie hat done. It does seem a bit odd that I should be frantically trying to get a winter hat done before they head for Arizona, but even the desert gets a bit chilly in the wintertime! And there is still a lot of winter between Minnesota and Arizona.

I did a quick run up to Playing with Yarn in Knife River, MN and picked up 4 skeins of Regia self striping in 6-ply. I didn't really need 4, but one was for the Mother, one is for the Hubby and two extra. One never knows when they might need to make a quick hat for someone.

The Mother's hat was in a funky purple-pink-black stripy combo...hmmm, bummer, colors didn't show as well as I hoped they would:












Pattern: London Beanie as provided by Playing With Yarn

Yarn: Regia 6ply self striping
Needles: #6 circular and dps
Currently on the needles is a scarf for the Sister #2. By request, she's getting a matching scarf, mitten and hat combo. With all the bowl games going on right now, I thought the scarf would be a great place to start - I can just knit back and forth and listen to the game without having to count much.
Poor Hawaii, got their buts kicked. Stumbled in the starting gate and never quite got their momentum back.

3 comments:

Gail O'Connor said...

Ooh, cool. Self-striping yarn is a lot of fun.

Kristin said...

And that, my freind, is my problem. This yarn is so nifty and one of these only takes a day or so to make. Round and round and round I go!

I'm already planning on making two more with the extra skeins I bought for a rainy day and I have the little heads already picked out!

Gail O'Connor said...

Hmm, I have that problem with sock yarn. Honestly, how many pairs of hand-knit socks does one woman need? Especially as all the yarns I like are bright-colored, and orange and pink socks don't work terribly well with my work wardrobe. But they're just such great, portable, satisfying projects that I keep making more.

Popular Posts