Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Knitting Project #8 and #9

In between work, yoga, cooking, visits to the vet, and reading, I’ve been busy knitting. I’ve delayed posting this project report because some of these projects were intended as gifts, and I didn’t want to spoil the surprise, as small as it is. For the holidays I did several gift bags with 2, 3 or 4 cloths and included some homemade kitchen soap. Next year I may have to get creative and find a hand towel pattern to compliment dishcloths.


I enjoy doing dishcloths in between other projects or when we’re on the road, and I found the perfect pattern publication. It’s a small publication, only about 5 pages, but it has 15 variations on basic dishcloths. I took inspiration from here and made one pattern. I wanted to do more, but I ran out of time.
Pattern: (I'll have to re-look it up)
Yarn: Sugar and Cream, Olive and self-striping, ~2.5oz skein
Needles: #7
Finished Size: ~ 9"


I found this pattern on Dee’s blog and loved it! Though she had some blog troubles recently so I don't know if the link is still there.


Pattern:
Yarn: Sugar and Cream, Twists, ~2.0oz skein
Needles: #7
Finished Size: ~ 9"

I had also promised the parents I would do a couple more London Beanie hats for them. The Dad requested one a couple inches longer and the Mom just requested one. I mentioned in a previous post about my trip to the Yarn Works where I bought the yarn - I am under a bit of a deadline as they are getting ready to head for Arizona and I want to have them done before then.



Unfortunately I hit a bit of a snag. I finished this one and realized I had made it out of the wrong weight yarn! I inadvertently bought 4 ply when I needed 6 ply. Darn it. The Mom still preferred a heavier weight and the Dad thought it was just fine so he got it. I made a quick trip up to Knife River and Playing with Yarn on Saturday to buy the right ply and I have started another one. I should be able to get it done before the beginning of the New Year.


No comments:

Popular Posts