Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Knitting update!

My needles have not been idle, but my camera has! It’s taken me a while to gather all my pics from my end of the year projects.

Easy Drop Stitch Scarf
Here on Ravelry
This was a Yarn Harbor Scarf of the Month selection.
Yarn: Colinette Jitterbug
Sz 4 needles.



Recipient was Office Manager Extraordinaire Molly.

Guageless Hat #106, pattern from Cabin Fever.
Yarn: Fixations by Cascade, one skein solid, one skein self striping;
Sz 4 needles



I’ve made this one before in purples for Finny. This one went to Miss Lydia. There is enough yarn left to make one for Miss Amelia. As with Fin’s second hat, I did the stripes in ½” rather than 1”. Doesn’t come out so blocky.

Marie Grace Daisy Cardigan; pattern from Marie Grace Smith
Here on Ravlery
Yarn: Takhi Yarns Cotton Classic in pink and dark pink
Sz 4 needles.

(colors are brighter in person)

I had a request for a sweater for Miss Amelia, and as I had never done a sweater before I needed a super easy one. This pattern was perfect! I knit this on the road trip to and from Montreal in August, and finished it later in September. I didn’t want to do a little girls sweater in wool, so I picked a cotton. While it knitted up just beautifully, I’m not sure I’m wild about cotton either. It will be interesting to see how it washes and wears. I made it as a 4T, but I have a feeling she will have outgrown it by next fall. It will get handed down to Miss Lydia and I’ll make Miss Amelia a new one.

Easy Lace Dishcloth Nifty Knit Dishcloths by Leisure Arts
Yarn: Sugar and Cream
Sz 4 needles



Yes, you read that correctly. Sz 4 needles. I have found I like the way dishcloths knit up on the smaller needles. They come out being about the same size as a 7 or 8, but not quite so loose and floppy. Though I do have to remember NOT to knit SO DAMN TIGHT.

Finny's Scarf (child size)
Wisdom Yarns - Chicago Marathon and Fortisima Sock Yarn in brown
Sz 4 needles



K2 requested a scarf for the nephew so I dug into the stash remenants and thought something in browns would be appropriate. I should have picked the blue remnants as I ran out of yarn and had to go supplement! Turned out super cute and rumor has it he loves it.



I was also hoping to have my Glowing Colors Afghan finished by this coming weekend, but that's not gonna happen. I some how managed to screw it up. Yes, I am mortified to say I need to rip out the second panel and start it over. At least it knits quickly - as well it should on sz 17 needles!




And on deck are:
Socks! Cascase Heritage yarn, sz 1 needle; no pattern.
Nordic Mittens Payton Yarns, needle size to be determined. Rumor has it these are knitting up rather largish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cascade Heritage makes such a nice sock. I have some in my stash.

A friend was wearing socks from that today in the most beautiful shade of emerald green.

Popular Posts