Not a lot of new recipes last week - several meals of leftover goose, one evening was BLT's, and one evening was the recipe below:
Shrimp, Chorizo and Corn Salad (Ckng Lght July 2013) Gluten Free
This salad could not have been easier to prepare and was light enough for a hot summer evening. Don't be turned off by the Siracha sauce - it adds a subtle background flavor but is a small enough amount that the heat is dissipated. I did substitute andouille sausage for the chorizo because I had some links in the freezer. I also added 1/2 of a small zucchini since I had one in the fridge.
Add a rustic loaf of bread with olive oil for dipping or some warmed ciabiatta bread along side and you have the perfect summer meal.
- 12 ounces large shrimp, peeled (I used 16oz)
fresh corn kernels
photo from cookinglight.com
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 3/4 ounces thinly sliced Spanish chorizo sausage (I used andouille)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, divided
- 12 red grape tomatoes, halved and divided (+12 more for yellow)
12 yellow teardrop tomatoes, halved and divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Add 1/4 cup chopped basil, 12 red tomato halves, and 12 yellow tomato halves; toss shrimp mixture gently to combine.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shrimp mixture to pan, and cook for 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring frequently. Place about 1 1/2 cups shrimp mixture in each of 4 shallow bowls, and sprinkle each serving with 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind, 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, 6 tomato halves, and 1 tablespoon chopped basil.