Search This Blog

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Playing with Yarn!

This weekend I hooked up with my friend Tess and had a absolute lovely day! We started out with lunch at the New Scenic Café (our favorite next to Sarah’s Table, India Palace, and Bulldog) and then went and visited a yarn store in Knife River called, appropriately, Playing with Yarn. We concluded with a Culvers sundae in Two Harbors. Yum!


This was such a charming place. Small, filled from the floor to ceiling with all sorts of yarn, completed projects, and a couple of very charming Yorkie dogs. The lady who runs the place was very friendly, enthusiastic and helpful, and she didn’t put me down for being a novice knitter like I have experienced at other stores.





I ended up purchasing yarn for a hat for the nephew Fin, for Tess’s baby boy, and one general purpose hat. In addition, the gal helped me get set to make socks and I purchased one skein and #3 dpns and #2dpns. She didn’t have any #4 wooden circular needles so I will have to get those elsewhere. I also purchased the book Sensational Socks - two knitting people have now recommended this one so I figured that was a sign I should own it.



The other two books I picked up at the Yarnery in St. Paul when I went down for my nephews birthday.

2 comments:

Gail O'Connor said...

Welcome to the world of sock knitting. I didn't understand other people's fascination with socks until I tried them myself. They're very satisfying. I envy you the chance to think up new projects & buy new yarn, but I'm going to work my way through the yarn I have before I buy any more.

Kristin said...

I bought a largish shoe style box (it was on sale at Michaels Crafts) a while back and I am limiting my yarn purchases to what will fit in that box. I didn't want to get in the situation where I have boxes and bags of yarn stashed away. So after my recent purchase of a couple skeins of dishcloth yarn and this recent purchase, my box is full.

Now! To Knit!

Popular Posts