Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Garden Update!

Hooray! We hit 82* this past weekend! It was wonderful...a light wind kept the bugs down and made for working outside an absolute delight!

As of Sunday, this is what is up and growing:
peas
radish
lettuce
cabbage
carrots
Swiss chard
corn
parsley
basil
cilantro
onions
parsnips
nasturiums
some marigolds

Planted as plants:
brussel sprouts
peppers
tomatoes (I had to snip off some flowers already!)

Still waiting on:
summer squash (one has come up...)
winter squash
soldier beans (just replanted on Sunday)
great northern beans
rest of marigolds
dianthus

Half of garden with tomato "greenhouse"

Since the garden is in I can now concentrate on small putsy projects around the yard. I finished planting my container pots on Saturday, put in some moss roses by my Japanese pagoda, finished the landscaping off the side/front of the porch (big HOORAY!, washed out Ben's pool, put up the kennel shade, watered the compost piles and added some enzymes to help with composting, watered everything and measured out my next landscaping project - a retaining wall along side the garage. I have the rocks, I just need to start digging the trench.

Finished landscaping!


So now it's just a matter of keeping up with the mowing, working on the projects and watering!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am SO jealous. My next yard will definitely be situated so I can have a vegetable garden!

For now I have to make do with one garden pot of mixed herbs and a pot with Steve's bhut jaloki pepper.

Steve promised me a greenhouse at our "retirement" house. I'm holding him to it.

Good luck with all your veggies. Can't wait to see what you cook up!

Popular Posts