Search This Blog

Thursday, July 11, 2019

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams (#2)

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (Hitchhiker's Guide, #2)The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Jacket Blurb:  Facing annihilation at the hands of the warlike Vogons is a curious time to have a cosmically displaced Arthur Dent and his curious comrades in arms as they hurtle through space powered by pure improbability - and desperately in search of a place to eat. Among Arthur's motley shipmates are Ford Prefect, a long-time friend and contributor to the The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy; Zaphod Beeblebrox, the three-armed, two-headed ex-president of the galaxy; Tricia McMilan, a fellow Earth refuge who's gone native (her name is Trillian now); and Marvin, who suffers nothing and no one gladly.

Book number two in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

I read this years ago - I remember enjoying it then, and I enjoyed it again, but I could tell I was getting so much more out of it this go around than in my first one or two readings when I was in my 20's. Time certainly does give us perspective.

Not much to say about a book that's been around for 40 years that hasn't already been said. If you liked Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and haven't read this, you'll probably enjoy the continuing adventures of Arthur Dent, Ford Prefect, Trillian, and Zaphod. If you enjoy quirky British sci-fi, you'll probably enjoy this. If your expecting something serious, this isn't the series for you.

Grab a cuppa tea, pull up a chair, and enjoy! Recommended.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Popular Posts