Search This Blog

Thursday, November 19, 2020

Crafting 2020: Bags!

This past week I taught myself how to make a quilted bag. I had so much fun I made four of them over five days. It was mostly relaxing, I admit to getting a bit carryed away with four, but once I had things figured out they were a great project to complete in a day. I admint, I should have stopped at one a day and not pushed for more than that.

First one took me a day - I had to figure out the directions. I made this as directed. Pockets on the outside.  This bag also uses a different interfacing, it's not as stiff as the others.  I'll have to come back and add the Pellon #. 

Second one I did over two evenings - I cut the pattern out one night, and assembled the next day. I made this one with the pockets on the inside. Then I immediately started cutting out the third bag and assembled it. One pocket outside, one inside

Forth bag I did in a day. And that's when the mistakes started to creep in. I became overly confident with the pattern and forgot things like...attaching the tabs and handles. Oops. Rip out seams, re-do. And other small things. Live and learn - pace myself. This one also had a pocket on the outside and one on the inside. I like this variation the best as it seems the most practical.



All four completed bags


Bag #1 - pockets on the outside


Bag #2 - pockets on the inside


Bag #3 - Pockets outside and inside


Bag #3 - Pockets outside and inside

No comments:

Popular Posts