Search This Blog

Monday, April 19, 2021

Recipe Review from 4/12/2021 and crafty update

No new recipes this past week. I needed a respite from cooking so went super simple. This did include, however, some freezer reduction: I used up a chicken and a package of ground pork. I should mention, the rice and beans from the week previous used up some of the beans we grew last year.

My crocus are blooming! 

The Meal Plan:
Sat (L) rice/beans (S) Valentini's take-out
Sun (L) leftovers (S) Roast Chicken and veggies
Mon (yoga) leftover chicken
Tues - tacos
Wed (yoga) leftover chicken
Thurs - take-n-bake pizza
Fri - leftover tacos

Lunches: leftover rice and beans (yeah, that recipe made a lot) and wraps. Which reminded me WHY I by Stacy's tortilla's from the co-op and stopped buying Azteca's from the grocery store. Co-op tortilla's don't self-destruct halfway through eating.


Because this was an uneventful week recipe-wise, I'll add on a craft update.  I tried out a new bag pattern (project bag below). Some new techniques and interfacing involved for this one: I got to try working with fleece and foam interfacing and some different assembly. What I didn't like about this pattern was how the handles were constructed. You make a tube of fabric and insert a webbed strap. I found the tube wasn't the right size and had to modify to make it fit right. I much prefer making my own handles out of interfacing and fabric. Just as sturdy and less putzy.






And I made a handful of small bags:



No comments:

Popular Posts