Search This Blog

Monday, March 16, 2009

Recipe Review from 3/9/09

It has been an absolute whirlwind of a week. It didn't help that the Husband was struggling with a head and chest cold and wasn't getting any sleep at night, then there was the "blizzard" that dumped 8" of snow on us with 40mph winds. The bright side of all this is we did make one new recipe!

Black Bean Nacho Pizza (Culinary in the Country c/o Eating Well) 4.5
This was excellent! I've been using Joe's pizza dough recipe for all my pizza's now and it just doesn't disappoint. The only trouble I have with making my own dough is making sure I have the time to assemble and let it rise for an hour.

While the dough was rising on this particular night, I pureed together a can of black beans, about 1/2 of a jar of roasted red peppers, garlic, chili powder, and cumin in the food processor and set it aside. Then I chopped up a couple of scallions, a couple of pickled jalapeno peppers, thinly sliced tomatoes, and a handful of kalmata olives (I had them on hand.) I used a package of shredded Mexican blend cheese for ease of prep.

After the dough has risen - I rolled it out and pre-baked it for about 5 minutes. Then it was a matter of spreading the black bean mixture on and topping with all the pre-chopped goodies. I baked for about 15 minutes more.

I would make this again and maybe change things a bit more and make it more like a taco pizza with lettuce and diced tomatoes and cheese sprinkled on top. Or not. I'm tellin' ya, this was really good!

You can link to the recipe up above.

No comments:

Popular Posts