Search This Blog

Monday, March 9, 2020

Tucson AZ, 2020

So last week I took a little jaunt to Tucson to visit the Folks.  Weather was sunny and warm, with a slight breeze - not warm enough that I could wear shorts, alas.  I still needed my jacket during the day.

Thursday - I flew into Phoenix then took a shuttle to Tucson, arriving by 1:00p.   I normally don't fly into Phoenix, but there were no direct flights from Minneapolis to Tuscon when I made reservations this year.  

Friday - was a hike in Sabino National Park.  Dad and I did the Bear Canyon Trail to the Seven Falls.  We took the shuttle to the third and last stop on Bear Canyon, then hiked from there.  Round trip hiking: 5.5 miles.  The trail being somewhat rugged, Mom opted to take the tram to the top of Sabino and walk back down.  Everyone reported back that their respective hikes were quite delightful.

Crossing the river

Four of the Seven Falls
Saturday - we relaxed a bit in the morning then went out to the White Barn Farmer and craft market.  Oh my, does this put what we have in Duluth to shame.  It's not big (nor is Duluth's), but the fresh produce, mushrooms, meat, coffee, nuts, honey was delightful.  I wanted to take some of everything home with me.  In the afternoon, we went to the Botanical Gardens.  Myself, I LOVED the orchid and butterfly enclosure.  The rest of the grounds are quite delightful and this is worth a visit.  The small cafe on site and the butterfly enclosure have limited hours, so plan ahead.




Sunday - more resting, then a picnic and walk in Saguaro National Park.  This is my forth walk about here, but we did a different trail area this time.  I love hiking in the desert, so very different from the North Shore.



Monday - we went out for breakfast at wonderful place called Fresh Market, then visited this AMAZING nursery whose name I never did find out.  Oh. My. Goodness!  The colors! The variety! The gift options! The pots! The orchids!  Ah. Maz. ING!  We had lunch back at the house, then went to Aqua Caliente Park which just reopened Friday after three years of extensive restoration. I think a trip back here in future years will be on the agenda, just to see how the restoration finishes and to check out the ranch buildings when they are open.  It's a lovely park.




Tuesday - was fly home day.  It was a wonderful trip and I'm sad to say adios! to the sun, greens and tans.  We're still about three months out from the snow melting in the Northland.  Alas. 

No comments:

Popular Posts