Search This Blog

Friday, August 29, 2008

Knitting Project #18 1st Pair of Socks!

Here they are! It took me a while, but I got them done. The second sock went a lot faster than the first, but that was because I knew what I was doing. On the other foot, it was still slow going as I ripped out the heel flap once when I knew the pattern wasn't lining up correctly (I needed to go round two more times before starting the heel flap) and I screwed up the heel turn count somehow and ripped that out as well. Still, I finished sock number two the night before I flew out for Denver (I was bound and determined to have it off the needles) at about 11:00p. Oh, I also had to rip out the toe because I forgot to start my decrease in the same spot.

I thought they turned out decent for a first attempt. I had troubles with both toes and the kitchner stitch. Will have to either do a better job or find a different method. And I think with the next pair I make I am going to make them a tich longer.



Book: Sensational Knitted Socks
Pattern: 4 Stitch Rib Pattern
Yarn: "Chicago" by Wisdom Yarns (Wool-polymide blend)
Needles: #2 dps

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute socks. Now we just need cool weather so you can wear them...or are you already HAVING cool weather?

Popular Posts