Search This Blog

Friday, February 20, 2009

Knitting Bling!

My co-worker inspired me to make some stitch markers! She was starting her first hat and asked "how do I know where I start?". I didn't have any handy and I've been wanting to give this a whirl for a while now, so I scampered up to Michael's Crafts and figured out what I would need. I picked out some very pretty agate beads, some small split rings, some even smaller rings and some wire. Oh, and I had to buy a craft needle-nose pliers because I had a hunch our utility pliers at home would be missing (it tends to disappear for great lengths of time).

One set of instructions I found online had me wrapping the wire in a little loopy thing, but I found that didn't work for me. It was much easier just bending it over and securing it in the top bead.

It was so much fun I had to go and buy some more beads and supplies the next day! I made these for me:






And these when to my co-worker:




I think I'll be making more over time. Super simple, fun, and it's fun to have something pretty on one's knitting projects.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are very pretty. You did a great job and I'm sure your co-worker will be thrilled.

Popular Posts